Working within our Post Completion Team at our Preston office, you will ensure that all of our Residential Conveyancing transactions are fully completed and registered accordingly. If you’re willing to work hard, provide an excellent service to new clients both on the telephone and by email, resolve queries and ensure that clients receive a prompt and courteous service, we’re ready to help you progress.
• Efficiently respond to calls & emails, complete allocated work within set time scales and meet individual targets.
• Contacting clients and third parties to deal with enquiries
• Confidently communicate with clients & third parties by phone, email and in writing.
• Effectively liaise and build relationships with other internal teams
• Completing complex legal conveyancing registration applications, sending completed documents to clients and mortgage lenders.
• Deal with balances: calculating whether money is owed to the client/ third party, or whether money is owed to the firm. Ensuring that client money is returned to the client and all third party payments have been made prior to sending the file to archive.
• Checking that all requirements have been met and all outstanding matters have been dealt with before creating a file closure form and sending the file to archive.
• Delivery of an effective and client focused service to all service users, fairly and without discrimination, building and maintaining relationships.
• To handle a range of different situations and react accordingly with tact diplomacy and empathy to diffuse potentially tense confrontations in a positive and calm manner.
• To demonstrate an understanding of complex processes and technical knowledge by fully utilising our internal software systems
Your skills and qualifications will include:
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• A high level of motivation
• Previous experience in a customer service role, preferably within a legal environment
• A flexible approach
• Strong team working skills
• As you’ll be working in a regulated environment, a high level of numeracy and computer literacy are also essential.
Hours: 09.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday
Closing Date: 14 July 2017
Please apply for this role by sending your CV to: