We are looking to recruit a legal secretary in the Clinical Negligence department in our Preston Office.
• Prepare correspondence and documents for fee earners within the Department through digital audio-typing and word processing. Key word processing of audio dictation speed between 60 – 80 words/minute essential.
• General administration duties including, file management, diary management, daily filing, upkeep of spreadsheets/databases and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual.
• Prepare mail and enclosures for despatch.
• Preparing transcripts of conferences, medical expert meetings and client appointments, from digital recordings.
• Prepare briefs to counsel and bundles to Court – sorting, pagination, indexing and copying documents, records and correspondence.
• Involved with and responsible for photocopying patient medical files, downloading documents from online servers and disc to prepare medical record bundles and chronologies of notes requested, received and any outstanding.
• Arrange appointments and meetings for Fee Earners in the team. Also arranging appointments for client medicals and liaising with transport providers to book transport, trains, taxi’s etc.
• Liaise with clients, solicitors, Court, Barristers, costs organisations, medical experts and GP’s; deal with post and emails and preparing files for Court and conferences.
• Previous experience working with clinical negligence matters or from an NHS/Private practice secretarial/administrative position.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Competent at checking own work and being able to deliver objectives and working to deadlines on time.
• Ability to prioritise and manage work load effectively.
• Professional telephone manner.
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Flexibility – occasionally being able to pick up other departments audiotyping if required and process.
• Courteous and polite.
• Understanding the anatomy, medical terms and phrases.
• Smart and tidy.
• Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Good English and Mathematical skills.
• Previous experience of working in an office environment.
Hours: 09.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Please apply for this role by sending your covering letter and CV to:
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.
Closing date 2 October April 2017.