Maternity Cover Fixed Term Contract 9-12 months – Applications closed
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Secretary to join our Family team in Preston on a 9-12 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave.
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and digital dictation.
- Proactively manage the senior fee earner’s diary.
- Prepare for meetings for fee earner including the preparation of relevant documentation as well as ensuring the adequate preparation of meeting room facilities and refreshments.
- To administer filing including the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files.
- Attend to clients both on the telephone and in person and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards of client care.
- Provide support to other secretaries and departments when required.
- Apply the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Skills and Experience
- Familiar with Family Court proceedings. Able to work to tight deadlines and maintain a system of litigation deadlines.
- Able to prepare court bundles and documentation, together with bundles to experts and counsel.
- Must be a team player and also able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure maintaining an efficient workload.
Hours: 09.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday
Salary: CompetitivePlease apply for this role by downloading the application form from our website and submit it by email to: