Provide cost effective administrative and technical support to a Partner and fee earner within the Crime Department based in Preston
• Effectively manage and answer routine client enquiries and communications.
• Manage the collation of matter start and matter completion data .
• Act as the first point of contact during the designated Partner/fee earner’s absence
• Co-ordinate the key dates reminder system.
• Prepare documentation through audio typing .
• General administration duties including the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with company procedures
• Organise and coordinate legal meetings including client interviews
• Whilst the jobholder is not a designated as a case handler for file review purposes and wont have his/her own file caseload there will be a requirement to undertake elements of fee-earning work under supervision. In particular:
o Creating files and generating suitable client care correspondence;
o Completion of client questionnaires;
o Obtain and review confidential records;
o Have contact in writing, over the telephone, or in person with clients and outside agencies.
• Establish and maintain company databases and files, documenting and maintaining case details
• Organise delivery of legal correspondence and documents to clients, witnesses and court officials, following up on pending court cases
• Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for Fee Earners within the department
• To prepare meeting rooms for meetings and clearance and tidying of the room at the end of a meeting where office support is not available to undertake the task
• Experience in a legal environment is desirable, particularly in a Criminal department
• The ability to display a pleasant and professional, but assertive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients.
• An effective communicator both orally and in writing, having a good command of written English.
• Ability to prioritise workload.
• Able to work on own initiative.
Hours: 09.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Applications to Debbie Ormiston
Please apply for this role by downloading the application form from our website and submit it by email to:
Closing date 1st August 2016.