We, BB Legal Limited, agree to provide online card payment facilities to you subject to the following conditions.
- You may only make a payment using the online card payment services (an “Online Payment”) if you are a client (“the Client”) of BB Legal Limited, or you are making a payment on behalf of the Client, and we have agreed with the Client to accept Online Payment.
- You may only make an Online Payment if we have provide a unique payment reference to the Client and you must quote that reference when making an Online Payment.
- Online Payment may only be made on account of legal costs and associated expenses.
No New Contract for Services
- The making of an Online Payment does not create contractual relations with you other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- The making of an Online Payment does not vary our existing contractual relations with the Client other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Any Online Payment will be held by us in our Client Account in accordance with the SRA Accounts Rules 2011 (“the Rules”). In particular, we will:
keep your money separate from money belonging to us;
- use your money only for any matter in relation to which we have agreed to act for the Client;
- withdraw your money from our Client Account only as permitted by the Rules;
- return funds as set out in the Refund Policy at paragraph 7 below.
- We will deliver the services in the manner described in our existing agreement with the Client.
Return and Refund Policy
- We will hold any money received from the Client or from another person on behalf of the Client (“Client Money”). Our existing contract with the Client sets out the terms on which we may use Client Money or hold Client Money on account (“the Purposes”).
- We will refund any Client Money that is no longer required for the Purposes.
- If no Client Money has been withdrawn from our Client Account since you made the Online Payment, we will refund the Online Payment to you by way of credit to your card account.
- If Client Money has been withdrawn from our Client Account since you made the Online Payment and no other Client Money has been paid into our Client Account, we will refund the difference between the Online Payment and the sum withdrawn from our Client Account to you by way of credit to your card account.
- In all other cases, any Client Money that is no longer required for the Purposes will be paid to the Client as required by the Rules.
- Our existing contract with the Client may provide for a cancellation period.
- No additional cancellation period is created when an Online Payment is made.
- If our existing contract with the Client is cancelled, we will refund all or part of the Online Payment as provided for by paragraph 7 above.
- In the event of any dispute regarding an Online Payment or the provisions of these Terms and Conditions (“the Dispute”), you agree that:
- you will refer the issue to our Client Services Team by:
- (a)telephoning 0161 238 5634; or
- (b)writing to us at Client Services, 20 Kennedy Street, Manchester, M2 4BY; and
- you will provide us with satisfactory evidence of the Client’s agreement to our discussing the Client’s affairs with you (“a Waiver of Confidentiality”); and
- in the absence of a Waiver of Confidentiality, you appoint the Client as your agent with full authority to bind you.