Pregnancy & Birth Injuries
The birth of a child in many cases is an extremely joyous and exciting occasion, but sadly many babies and mothers are injured during pregnancy or the birthing process.
Following and injury, the important thing is to get mum or the baby medical treatment and focus on their welbeing. Sadly in the case of death, this isn’t possible, but the focus should be on support and getting to the bottom of what has gone wrong.
When something goes wrong it is vital to get help from lawyers who thoroughly understand the complexities of pregnancy and birth injuries.
Our team of sympathetic medical negligence lawyers have dealt with claims up to the value of £6,000,000 and have a wide range of experience to deal with every type of case.
If you or your child have been injured during pregnancy or birth and someone has demonstrated negligence, we can help you make a medical negligence claim.
What services do we offer?
Problems and claims can involve:
- Lack of oxygen
- Failure to treat high glucose levels
- Inter-uterine mechanical trauma, such as dislocated limbs, or when a baby becomes stuck, pulling on the baby’s head and causing limb injuries and even brain damage
- Physical and mental injury
- Injury from medical equipment and procedures
- Babies injured by the surgeon’s knife during a C-section
- Failure to treat jaundice
Common injuries include:
- Broken collar bone
- Cerebral palsy
- Ruptured placenta
- Hip and shoulder dislocations
- Infant death and still born
- Erb’s palsy
- Negligent circumcisions
Pregnancy Claims can include:
- Antenatal error and a failure to diagnose a medical condition or review scans properly
- Gynaecological errors such as failure to diagnose an ectopic pregnancy
- Inadequate medical treatment
- Physical injury to mum during the birth process, such as labial tears and pelvic floor injuries
- Psychiatric harm to mum
Why go to Birchall Blackburn Law?
We have deep specialist knowledge of birth injuries and cerebral palsy, and work alongside the country’s leading medical experts and barristers. This enables us to secure the maximum amount of compensation for our clients and their families.
Our client-focused approach also includes rehabilitation and support through therapy, care and treatment provided by external experts. In addition, we can put you in touch with support groups and ensure you get speedy, private treatment.
We have partners accredited with the Law Society as Panel experts. Andrew Taylor and Susan Liver, both Partners in Clinical Negligence, specialise in birth and pregnancy clinical negligence and high value cases involving serious failures in antenatal care. In addition, we are accredited by Headway, CBit and BASIC.
How much does it cost?
There are a number of ways to fund your case and often the best option is a no win no fee agreement. When we discuss your claim in detail we will explain all the funding options.
Other services on our website that may be of interest: