The Clerk provides specialist, supportive legal advice to victims of clinical and medical negligence. The Solicitors diligently pursue cases on behalf of the victims of medical accidents, whether through the complaints procedure, litigation or negotiation.
The successful candidate will provide general administrative and secretarial support to the department across a variety of tasks and responsibilities, adhering to strict quality and compliance guidelines.
· Undertake a fee earning role as a legal assistant
· Act as the initial point of contact for new enquires that come into the department, taking brief initial details and completing client questionnaires accurately and within prescribed timelines
· Prepare client care documents and general correspondence through audio typing and digital dictation and draft briefs to counsel
· Administer filing including opening, closing, storage and retrieval of documents
· Attend to clients on the telephone and in person
· Provide support in a professional and friendly manner at all times
· Apply the highest standards of integrity and professionalism
· Attend law clinic
· Collate information and carry out necessary research
· Contribute to and support the business development & marketing agenda in terms of social media and blog writing
Knowledge & Experience
· Good inter-personal skills, able to deal with all levels within an organisation and relieve potential conflicts.
· Able to work accurately and clearly explain technical matters to non technical users in both written and verbal forms.
· Strong experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
· Strong experience using TaskFlow, Mattersphere and other Birchall Blackburn Law technologies
· Experience of working in a solicitor’s practice in a similar administration role would be an advantage but is not essential.
Hours: 09.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Closing Date 28 July 2017. Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.
Please apply for this role by enclosing your CV and covering letter by email to: