We are looking to recruit a Clerk in the Clinical Negligence department in our Preston Office on a 12 month fixed term contract.
• Undertake a fee earning role as a legal clerk.
• Prepare client care documents.
• Attend to clients on the phone and in person.
• Prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and digital dictation.
• Speak with some new clients, take brief initial details and complete client questionnaires accurately and within prescribed timescales.
• Research work on medical complaints.
• Draft briefs to counsel.
• Attend law clinic.
• Apply the highest standards of integrity and professionalism
• The candidate will be responsible for assisting partners in a growing caseload of clinical negligence.
• Able to work to tight deadlines and maintain a system of litigation deadlines.
• Able to prepare court bundles and documentation, together with bundles to experts/counsel.
• Must be a team player and able to work under own initiative.
Hours: 09.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Closing Date 1 May 2017. Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.