Managing a diverse volume caseload, you will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing high performance and delivery of a quality, client focused operation within the Preston office. You must ensure that you and your team of assigned Assistants meet the financial targets that are set and the delivery of excellent, added value client service, which continually exceeds client expectations.
Line management and development of assistant to ensure the successful running of your property caseload
· Identify potential for development within your Assistant. Encourage and facilitate this development by broadening their experience, knowledge and skills.
· Work with your Team Leader to identify opportunities to move people where appropriate, with the aim of increasing the flexibility of the department and its ability to respond to a variety of different pressures.
· Maintain and build good professional working relationships with clients, external institutions and organisations
· Develop and improve client service standards, encouraging a total customer care culture throughout your team
· Monitor your Assistant’s delivery of client service through regular feedback reviews.
· Preparing freehold and leasehold contract reports within your technical abilities
· Adhere to and promote compliance with Conveyancing Quality Scheme and the Conveyancing Protocol, the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
· Though training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice
· Delegating work to the conveyancing assistant, to include:-
– Issuing Sale Contract Packs
– Preparing Search Reports
– Preparing Mortgage Reports
– Preparing Draft Completion Statements
Knowledge & Experience
· Good knowledge of other associated products and services as used within Birchall Blackburn Law.
· Good inter-personal skills, able to deal with all levels within an organisation and relieve potential conflicts.
· Able to work accurately and clearly explain technical matters to non technical users in both written and verbal forms.
· A client focused approach to service delivery.
· Strong experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
· Strong experience using TaskFlow, Mattersphere and other Birchall Blackburn Law technologies
· At least 2 years experience managing own property caseload from instructions to completion and registration
· Raising, checking and responding to additional enquiries within your technical abilities and experience
· Signing off AML checks and Customer Due Diligence
· Working knowledge of the CQS Protocol, Conveyancing Association Protocol, CML, & BSA Handbooks
· Experience of sales, purchase, freehold, leasehold, Remortgage, new build, unregistered property
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Closing Date – 4 April 2018
Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to:
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.