Managing a volume caseload, you will be responsible for dealing with all technical aspects of the re-mortgage transaction and the ongoing high performance and delivery of a quality, client focused operation within your assigned office.
You must ensure that you and your team of assigned Assistants meet the financial targets that are set and the delivery of excellent, added value client service, which continually exceeds client expectations.
· Line management and development of assistant to ensure the successful running of your property caseload
· Identify potential for development within your Assistants. Encourage and facilitate this development by broadening their experience, knowledge and skills.
· Work with your Team Leader to identify opportunities to move people where appropriate, with the aim of increasing the flexibility of the department and its ability to respond to a variety of different pressures.
· Maintain and build good professional working relationships with clients, external institutions and organisations
· Develop and improve client service standards, encouraging a total customer care culture throughout your team
· Monitor your Assistant’s delivery of client service through regular feedback reviews.
· Liaise with borrowers, lenders and brokers
· Ensure that all files are progressed in a timely manner
· Ensure all documents are in place for the registration whilst checking mortgage offers and chasing redemption statements
· Adhere to and promote compliance with the Equity Release Council, Conveyancing Quality Scheme and the Conveyancing Protocol, the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
· Manage a portfolio of cases using a case management system
· Independently establish priorities and manage deadlines
· Reporting to the client on mortgage offers
· Problem solving and reviewing property titles
· Preparation of transfers for TOE matters and dealing with SDLT requirements
· Understand and produce accurate financial statements
· Completions of transactions
· Ensure Service Level Agreements are achieved and maintained
Knowledge & Experience
· At least one years experience managing own property caseload from instructions to completion and registration
· Working knowledge of the Equity Release Council, CQS Protocol, Conveyancing Association Protocol, CML, & BSA Handbooks
· Experience of Equity Release and Transfer of Equity matters
· Strong organisational skills and the desire to achieve monthly targets.
· Good knowledge of other associated products and services as used within Birchall Blackburn Law.
· Good inter-personal skills, able to deal with all levels within an organisation and relieve potential conflicts.
· Able to work accurately and clearly explain technical matters to non technical users in both written and verbal forms.
· A client focused approach to service delivery.
· Strong experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
· Strong experience using TaskFlow, Mattersphere and other Birchall Blackburn Law technologies
· Willingness to develop/train to enhance knowledge
· Excellent communication and customer service skills.
· The ability to work as a team player
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Closing Date – 18 April 2018
Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to:
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.