Alongside managing their own caseload, the Equity Release Team Leader is responsible for ensuring the ongoing high performance and delivery of a quality, client focused operation within their team.
Managing a team of fee earners and administrators they must ensure that their team successfully delivers tasks as defined in the Department’s overall strategy. This includes meeting the financial targets that are set and the delivery of excellent, added value client service, which continually exceeds client expectations.
· Ensure the team consistently meets the defined standards and goals to enhance operational efficiency and seek ways to grow both the team and number of instructions
· Ensure relevant and necessary resources are allocated appropriately, planning accordingly for any seasonal requirements.
· Use information provided by Conveyancing Manager to identify what is being done well and what needs to be improved and corrected and take appropriate action with team/ members
· Implement defined changes to improve efficiencies in service delivery.
· Develop and improve client service standards, encouraging a total customer care culture throughout the team.
· Monitor team’s delivery of client service through regular feedback reviews and call monitoring.
· Coach and develop all staff to encourage continual improvement both technically and in line with behavioural competencies.
· Identify staff with potential for development. Encourage and facilitate this development by broadening their experience, knowledge and skills.
· Work with Team Leaders across the department as a whole to identify opportunities to move people where appropriate, with the aim of increasing the flexibility of the department and its ability to respond to a variety of different pressures.
· Continually monitor the performance of all team members.
· Ensure that performance is appraised in line with the company’s Performance Management Process.
· Identify and proactively manage issues of poor performance, liaising where necessary with the HR Manager and Conveyancing Manager.
· Provide regular and timely updates to all staff through both structured and unstructured forums to ensure they receive relevant information that will help them perform in their role.
· Escalate issues appropriately where necessary.
· Work with the Conveyancing Manager to compile accurate information for the budget in line with company process
· Increase awareness of costs amongst the team and help staff understand their roles and responsibilities in the management of this.
· Identify recruitment requirements, liaising with the HR Manager and Conveyancing Manager.
· Encourage staff to seek additional income from files wherever possible.
Management duties and responsibilities
· Ensure that all relevant information is communicated to and understood by all staff in a structured and timely manner.
· Monitor and meet agreed goals, objectives and KPI’s.
· Ensure communication takes place both upwards and downwards across the area of responsibility.
· Have knowledge and understanding of and be able to apply the company’s HR policies, supported by the HR Manager as appropriate.
· Direct, motivate and develop all conveyancing staff.
· Ensure that all members of staff are treated equally and fairly.
Knowledge & Experience
· In-depth knowledge of Birchall Blackburn Law’s systems and methods and how they work together.
· Experience of managing a team of varying skill levels and experience within a fast paced environment.
· Good knowledge of other associated products and services as used within Birchall Blackburn Law.
· Good inter-personal skills, able to deal with all levels within an organisation and relieve potential conflicts.
· Able to work accurately and clearly explain technical matters to non technical users in both written and verbal forms.
· A client focused approach to service delivery.
· Strong experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
· Strong experience using TaskFlow, Mattersphere and other Birchall Blackburn Law technologies
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Closing Date – 2 February 2018
Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to:
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.