Working alongside a Partner in the Family Law department in our Preston Office this role will assist in the general day to day management of files for private family clients in all areas of family law, with a view to gaining sufficient experience to work towards handling your own caseload.
We are seeking applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate a real interest in family work, and from those who have experience in a legal assistant role. We are seeking a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
· General file management and administration duties including maintenance of the client database, opening case files, file maintenance and archiving, processing/filing/preparing letters and reports
· Maintaining diaries, scheduling meetings and direct contact with clients
· Attending meetings with clients and on occasions professional experts/court
· Billing and recovery of fees where necessary
· Participating in marketing activities, including taking notes and producing documents
Key Skills & Experience
· Experience in an administrative role in a legal or professional services environment, ideally with experience of family law
· Ability to operate well within a team and on occasion in a pressurised environment
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Good organisation and planning skills, with an ability to prioritise workload effectively and work to deadlines
· Excellent customer service skills, including professional and friendly telephone manner
· Good IT skills, including Word, Excel and case management software
· The ability to display a pleasant, but assertive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients
· An effective communicator both orally and in writing, having a good command of written English.
· Personally efficient and well organised, with good control of diary systems and a high attention to detail
· Enthusiastic team player with commitment to quality and client care
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Closing Date – 24 May 2018
Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to:
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received. No agencies.