Our Fee Earners diligently pursue cases on behalf of the victims of industrial disease, whether through litigation or negotiation.
The successful candidate will undertake a fee earning role within the department working under the guidance of a Partner.
Due to continued growth, we have an excellent opportunity for a paralegal to join our team in Manchester. You will work alongside a Partner specialising in asbestos litigation.
We are seeking applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate a real interest in industrial disease work and particularly from those who will have gained experience of acting on behalf of Claimants on litigated files. We are seeking a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
– Proactively support the Partner in the Department
– Preparing thorough documentation required in the preparation of cases to trial
– Liaising with counsel/experts
– Liaising with clients and handling matters with the appropriate sensitivity
– Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with agreed service levels and best practice
– Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally
– Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices
– Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in – developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge
– Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs
– Attend upon clients in their home to take statements
Key Skills & Experience
– Paralegal or experienced caseworker with good experience in relevant claimant work
– Should be able to demonstrate experience in and have a keen interest in marketing
– An ability to build relationships with the client, family, witnesses, counsel and experts
– Enthusiastic team player with commitment to quality and client care
– Good case management skills
– Strong academics is essential
– The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a real commitment to and empathy with the client
– Experience in a legal environment and/or academic qualifications in Law
– The ability to display a pleasant, but assertive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients. Tact and resilience are essential qualities
– An effective communicator both orally and in writing, having a good command of written English
– Personally efficient and well organised, with good control of diary systems and competent in the firm’s systems
Hours: 09.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Closing Date – 4 April 2018
Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to:
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.