Our Lawyers diligently pursue cases on behalf of the victims of accidents, whether through litigation or negotiation.
The successful candidate will undertake a fee earning role within the department working under the guidance of a Partner and Associate.
Due to continued growth, we have an excellent opportunity for a fee earner to join our team in the Manchester or Preston office. You will manage a caseload of Fast Track Portal RTA, EL and PL cases through all stages of the Portal, to include litigating to Stage 3 when appropriate including dealing with liability disputed cases that have dropped from the Portal.
We are seeking applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate a real interest in personal injury work, and from those who will have gained experience of handling claimant personal injury files. We are seeking a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
· Proactively manage a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA, EL and PL Portal claims, following the MOJ process, making use of the firm’s Case Management System
· To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations
· To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
· Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks
· To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs, settlements and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity
· To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed
· To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum
· Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with agreed service levels and best practice
· Prioritise work effectively to maximise efficiency in working practices
· Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge
· Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs
Key Skills & Experience
· Experience of handling own high volume Fast Track MOJ Portal RTA, EL and PL caseload
· Working knowledge of the MOJ Portal
· Experience in dealing with Stage 3 and Infant Approval matters
· Knowledge of credit hire, recovery/storage and liability arguments
· Enthusiastic team player with commitment to quality and client care
· Good case management skills
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Closing Date – 16 November 2018
Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to:
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received. No agencies.