Our Solicitors diligently pursue cases on behalf of the victims of accidents, whether through the complaints procedure, litigation or negotiation.
The successful candidate will undertake a fee earning role within the department working under the guidance of a Partner.
Due to continued growth, we have an excellent opportunity for a Solicitor to join our team in Preston. You will work alongside a Partner with a growing and diverse caseload whilst also running your own smaller caseload of matters.
We are seeking applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate a real interest in personal injury work, and from those who will have gained experience of handling defendant personal injury files. We are seeking a team player with strong communication skills and attention to
• Proactively manage own files and support the Partner and Head of Department
• Preparing thorough documentation required in the preparation of cases to trial
• Liaising with counsel/experts
• Liaising with clients and handling matters with the appropriate sensitivity
• Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with agreed service levels and best practice
• Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally
• Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices
• Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge
• Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs
• Qualified solicitor with good experience in relevant claimant work
• Should be able to demonstrate experience in and have a keen interest in marketing
• An ability to build relationships with the client, family, witnesses, counsel and experts
• Enthusiastic team player with commitment to quality and client care
• Good case management skills
• Strong academics is essential
• The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a real commitment to and empathy with the client
• Experience in a legal environment and/or academic qualifications in Law
• The ability to display a pleasant, but assertive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients. Tact and resilience are essential qualities
• An effective communicator both orally and in writing, having a good command of written English.
• Personally efficient and well organised, with good control of diary systems and competent in the firm’s systems
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Closing Date – 1 December 2017
Please apply for this role by sending your CV to:
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.