Managing a varied caseload of private client matters, including drafting of Wills, administration of estates, preparation of estate accounts, drafting deeds of variation and all related taxation issues, Court of Protection, Lasting Power of Attorney, trusts and tax planning.
You will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing high performance and delivery of a quality, client focused service. You will be commercially aware and open to business development opportunities.
· Maintain and build good professional working relationships with clients, external institutions and organisations
· Develop and improve client service standards, encouraging a total customer care culture throughout your team
· Attend meetings with clients to provide advice, draft relevant documents and oversee execution of documents
· Deliver legal services of outstanding quality that are focused on the client’s needs with a quick and accurate turnaround of legal documents
· You must ensure that you and your assigned Assistants deliver excellent client service, which continually exceeds client expectations
· Drafting of wills, trust deeds and deeds of variation
· Advising on and administration of estates and trusts
· Advising on inheritance tax matters
· Advising clients with regard to elderly issues, including LPAs, Court of Protection work including Deputyship applications and other Court Orders
· Estate planning for asset protection with a focus on tax minimisation, care fees and third party creditors
· Prepare Trust accounts and tax returns
· Adhere to and promote compliance with Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme, the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
· Though training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice
Knowledge & Experience
· Qualified solicitor with good experience in Private Client work
· STEP qualified would be beneficial
· Excellent client facing skills and the ability to nurture existing clients and third party relationships as well as the ability to help develop new business and assist in marketing/networking events
· A client focused approach to service delivery and able to demonstrate a real commitment to and empathy with the client
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships, both internally and externally
· Able to work accurately and clearly explain technical matters to non technical users in both written and verbal forms
· Experience using Mattersphere and other Birchall Blackburn Law technologies
· Enthusiastic team player with commitment to quality and client care
· Strong experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Closing Date – 16 August 2018
Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to:
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received. No agencies.