Over recent years, Birchall Blackburn Law’s Personal Injury teams have helped thousands of people recover compensation for their injuries and illnesses. Our Serious and Catastrophic Injury team focuses on injury claims of the utmost severity including brain damage, spinal injury, amputation and other serious injuries.
Due to continued growth, we have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant to join our team in Manchester. You will be responsible for assisting the solicitors across a growing and diverse caseload.
· Proactively manage own files and support the Solicitors and Head of Department
· Preparing thorough documentation required in the preparation of cases to trial
· Liaising with counsel/experts
· Liaising with clients and handling matters with the appropriate sensitivity
· Understand client requirements and assisting with cases in line with agreed service levels and best practice
· Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices
· Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge
· Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs
Key Skills & Experience
· Previous experience gained in relevant claimant work
· Ability to demonstrate experience in and have a keen interest in marketing
· An ability to build relationships with the client, family, witnesses, counsel and experts
· Enthusiastic team player with commitment to quality and client care
· Good organisational and case management skills
· The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a real commitment to and empathy with the client
· Experience in a legal environment and/or academic qualifications in Law
· The ability to display a pleasant, but assertive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients. Tact and resilience are essential qualities
· An effective communicator both orally and in writing, having a good command of written English.
· Personally efficient and well organised, with good control of diary systems and competent in the firm’s systems
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday, Full time
Closing Date – 11 April February 2018
Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to:
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.