Commercial property leases are often complicated documents with highly technical clauses covering a wide range of important issues.
It’s crucial that you receive expert advice to keep you fully aware of all negotiations as they develop.
Main issues include:
- Terms of the lease.
- Obligations you must comply with.
- Obligations of the other party.
Resolving disputes between a landlord and a tenant can be costly, frustrating and time consuming. A well prepared lease helps to avoid any such disputes arising in the first place.
What services do we offer?
Granting a commercial lease
- Preparing the draft lease.
- Considering the impact of your title deeds and any other legal documents.
- Negotiating the terms of the lease and reporting to you on the key aspects.
Taking a commercial lease
- Obtaining the draft lease and, if possible, details of the Landlord’s ownership.
- Arranging for all investigations and searches to be carried out.
- Negotiating the terms of the lease.
- Reporting on key aspects and suggesting any changes.
- Dealing with HMRC or Land Registry requirements.
Why go to Birchall Blackburn Law?
Owing to the size and complexity of the documents involved, it is important that you are represented by a team that has significant experience of dealing with commercial property leases.
Our friendly and accessible experts ensure the terms of the lease are fair, reasonable and as favourable to you as possible.
We also understand the broader legal issues affecting businesses, so we can advise on your property transaction while identifying other implications for you or your business.
How much does it cost?
We take detailed instructions at the outset to ascertain your requirements. This enables us to be as precise as possible when providing estimates of our fees. We keep you fully informed on costs as the transaction proceeds. Our costs for dealing with a commercial lease begin from as little as £350 plus VAT and disbursements.