Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the industry for residential conveyancing and having won multiple awards in this sector, including Conveyancing Firm of the Year – North of England at the Modern Law Conveyancing Awards and also the proud winner of multiple ESTA awards, we are a team of hardworking and dedicated conveyancers that strive to go above and beyond for our clients.
By joining Birchall Blackburn Law, you will become part of a market leader in providing residential conveyancing services and help a reputable organisation continue to deliver fantastic results for clients and our communities.
We have 7 offices across the North West in Chester, Chorley, Leyland, Manchester, Morecambe, Preston and Southport.
Working as a Conveyancing Executive, you will manage a diverse volume caseload and will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing high performance and delivery of a quality, client focused operation within the Manchester office. You must ensure that you and your assigned Assistant meet the financial targets that are set and the delivery of excellent, added value client service, which continually exceeds client expectations.
• Line management and development of Assistant to ensure the successful running of your property caseload
• Identify potential for development within your Assistant. Encourage and facilitate this development by broadening their experience, knowledge and skills.
• Work with your Team Leader to identify opportunities to move people where appropriate, with the aim of increasing the flexibility of the department and its ability to respond to a variety of different pressures.
• Maintain and build good professional working relationships with clients, external institutions and organisations
• Develop and improve client service standards, encouraging a total customer care culture throughout your team
• Monitor your Assistant’s delivery of client service through regular feedback reviews.
• Preparing freehold and leasehold contract reports within your technical abilities
• Adhere to and promote compliance with Conveyancing Quality Scheme and the Conveyancing Protocol, the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
• Though training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice
• Delegating work to the conveyancing assistant, to include:-
– Issuing Sale Contract Packs
– Preparing Search Reports
– Preparing Mortgage Reports
– Preparing Draft Completion Statements
Experience & Skills
• Minimum of 2 years experience managing own property caseload from instructions to completion and registration
• Experience of sales, purchase, freehold, leasehold, Remortgage, new build, unregistered property
• Ability to raise, check and respond to additional enquiries within your technical experience
• Signing off AML checks and Customer Due Diligence
• Working knowledge of the CQS Protocol, Conveyancing Association Protocol, CML, & BSA Handbooks
• Good inter-personal skills, able to deal with all levels within an organisation and relieve potential conflicts.
• Able to work accurately and clearly explain technical matters to non technical users in both written and verbal forms.
• Good IT skills including experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
• Strong experience of using property case management software
• A client focused approach to service delivery
• Keen attention to detail and ability to manage busy caseload
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, bonus scheme and benefits package including:
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (additional entitlement gained with length of service)
• Free fruit in all offices
• Life assurance benefit
• Medical cash plan at corporate rates
• Birthday day off
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Conveyancing discount
• Length of service awards
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday (Full Time, Permanent)
Closing Date: 30 September 2020
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.