Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the industry for residential conveyancing and having won multiple awards in this sector, including Conveyancing Firm of the Year – North of England at the Modern Law Conveyancing Awards and also the proud winner of multiple ESTA awards, we are a team of hardworking and dedicated conveyancers that strive to go above and beyond for our clients.
By joining Birchall Blackburn Law, you will become part of a market leader in providing residential conveyancing services and help a reputable organisation continue to deliver fantastic results for clients and our communities.
Working as a Conveyancing Executive, you will manage a varied volume caseload of residential conveyancing matters including freehold/leasehold sales and purchase, new build, help to buy, unregistered title property, sale/purchase of leasehold flats and shared ownership.
You must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of running your own residential property caseload from initial instruction to completion. It is essential that you have strong experience of dealing with the sale and purchase of leasehold flats, new build and shared ownership transactions.
Working with team support, you will be responsible for meeting the financial targets set whilst ensuring the ongoing high performance and delivery of a quality, client focused operation within the Southport office.
- Handling all aspects of a mixed volume caseload of residential conveyancing matters including sale and purchase of leasehold flats, new build and shared ownership
- Approving legal titles
- Preparing freehold and leasehold contract reports
- Raising necessary enquiries and dealing with replies to enquiries
- Preparing Land Registry applications and dealing with requisitions
- Manage caseload through effective use of case management system
- Adhere to and promote compliance with Conveyancing Quality Scheme and the Conveyancing Protocol, the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
- Though training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice
- Support the development of team assistants. Encourage and facilitate this development by broadening their experience, knowledge and skills. Monitor team support’s delivery of client service with regular feedback.
- Work with your Team Leader to identify opportunities to move people where appropriate, with the aim of increasing the flexibility of the department and its ability to respond to a variety of different pressures.
- Ensure client service levels agreements are met
- Maintain and build good professional working relationships with clients, external institutions and organisations
- Develop and improve client service standards, encouraging a total customer care culture throughout your team
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 3 years experience of managing own property caseload from instructions to completion and registration
- Proficient in managing varied and technical property transactions, which must include experience of dealing with leasehold, new build and shared ownership transactions
- Adept at checking freehold and leasehold titles
- Ability to raise, check and respond to additional enquiries within your technical experience
- Signing off AML checks and Customer Due Diligence
- Working knowledge of the CQS Protocol, Conveyancing Association Protocol, Lender’s Handbook, & BSA Handbooks
- Good inter-personal skills, able to deal with all levels within an organisation and relieve potential conflicts.
- Able to work accurately and clearly explain technical matters to non technical users in both written and verbal forms.
- Good IT skills including experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Strong experience of using property case management software
- A client focused approach to service delivery
- Keen attention to detail and ability to manage busy caseload
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, bonus scheme and benefits package.
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday (Full Time, Permanent)
Closing Date: 18 June 2021
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 5SOU
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.