Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the industry for residential conveyancing and having won multiple awards in this sector, including Conveyancing Firm of the Year – North of England at the Modern Law Conveyancing Awards and also the proud winner of multiple ESTA awards, we are a team of hardworking and dedicated conveyancers that strive to go above and beyond for our clients.
By joining Birchall Blackburn Law, you will become part of a market leader in providing residential conveyancing services and help a reputable organisation continue to deliver fantastic results for clients and our communities.
Working within our Residential Conveyancing team you will support a file handler in their varied caseload from instruction through to completion and registration. You will be responsible for ensuring you maintain ongoing high performance and deliver a quality, client-focused operation.
You are responsible for meeting the financial targets that are set and to ensure the delivery of excellent, added value client service, which continually exceeds client expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain and build good professional working relationships with clients, external institutions and organisations
- Develop and improve client service standards, adopting a total customer care culture throughout your team
- Issuing Sale Contract Packs
- Identifying and obtaining missing documentation from a review of a file dealing with sale enquiries
- Obtaining redemption statements, preparing Draft Completion Statements and arrange completions
- Undertaking relevant searches and prepare Search reports
- Drafting Transfer Deeds
- Prepare Mortgage Reports
- Liaise with clients and third parties
- Request Redemption statements
- Adhere to and promote compliance with Conveyancing Quality Scheme and the Conveyancing Protocol, the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
Though training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice
You will be working towards:
- Preparing and issuing complex Sale Contract Packs
- Identifying and obtaining missing documentation from a review of a file dealing with complex sale enquiries; and checking a title for a freehold property
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous legal assistant experience in a conveyancing department required
- Able to work accurately and clearly explain technical matters to non technical users in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- A client focused approach to service delivery
- Strong experience in using property case management software and Microsoft office tools
- Working knowledge of the CQS Protocol, Conveyancing Association Protocol, CML, & BSA Handbooks
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines/timescales
- An attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Excellent numeracy
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Full Time, Permanent)
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting Job Ref 15MAN
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.