Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the industry for residential conveyancing and having won multiple awards in this sector, including Conveyancing Firm of the Year – North of England at the Modern Law Conveyancing Awards in 2018 and 2019 and the proud winner of multiple ESTA awards, we are a team of hardworking and dedicated conveyancers that strive to go above and beyond for our clients.
By joining Birchall Blackburn Law, you will become part of a market leader in providing residential conveyancing services and help a reputable organisation continue to deliver fantastic results for clients and our communities.
With an in-house training programme, there are ample opportunities to progress and become a fee earner/caseworker and handle your own cases. In the last 12 months, 89% of Training Contracts were awarded to internal applicants. Of current staff that have completed their training contract with the company, many have gone on to become Partners/Associates with us.
We have 7 offices across the North West in Chester, Chorley, Leyland, Manchester, Morecambe, Preston and Southport.
Working within our Residential Conveyancing team you will support a Conveyancing Executive in their varied caseload from instruction through to completion and registration. You will be responsible for ensuring you maintain ongoing high performance and deliver a quality, client focused operation.
You are responsible for meeting the financial targets that are set and to ensure the delivery of excellent, added value client service, which continually exceeds client expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain and build good professional working relationships with clients, external institutions and organisations
- Develop and improve client service standards, adopting a total customer care culture throughout your team
- Issuing Sale Contract Packs
- Preparing Draft Completion Statements and arrange completions
- Undertaking relevant searches and prepare Search reports
- Drafting contracts
- Prepare Mortgage Reports
- Liaise with clients and third parties
- Request Redemption statements
- Adhere to and promote compliance with Conveyancing Quality Scheme and the Conveyancing Protocol, the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
- Though training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous legal assistant experience in a conveyancing department required
- Able to work accurately and clearly explain technical matters to non technical users in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- A client focused approach to service delivery
- Strong experience in using property case management software and Microsoft office tools
- Working knowledge of the CQS Protocol, Conveyancing Association Protocol, CML, & BSA Handbooks
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines/timescales
- An attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Excellent numeracy
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (additional entitlement gained with length of service)
- Free fruit in all offices
- Life assurance benefit
- Medical cash plan at corporate rates
- Birthday day off
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Conveyancing discount
- Length of service awards
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Full Time)
Closing Date: 24 January 2020
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.