Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the industry for wills and probate work and being a Law Society WIQS Accredited Practice, you will join a team of hardworking and highly experienced wills and probate experts who are dedicated to providing a high quality and understanding service to clients.
We have 7 offices across the North West in Chester, Chorley, Leyland, Manchester, Morecambe, Preston and Southport.
Provide technical administrative support to a team of specialist Court of Protection solicitors within the Private Client Department at our Chorley office. Providing the team with high quality and pro-active support, enabling them to work as efficiently as possible.
We are seeking applications from candidates who are experienced in Court of Protection administration and are able to demonstrate a real interest in Court of Protection work.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Daily contact with vulnerable clients, family members and case managers, dealing with their financial requests.
• Effectively manage and answer routine client enquiries in person and by telephone and email
• Provide support with the administration of financial affairs (planning/management/budgeting)
• Complete court reports and deputyship reports
• Accurately manage billing and payment of invoices
• Arrange insurance
• Organise client meetings
• Complete property inventories and arrange house clearances
• Prepare documents for tax returns
• General administration duties including filing, diary management, recording file notes, updating company systems and reports
Qualifications and Skills
• Previous experience in a Court of Protection administration, paralegal or case handler role preferred
• Excellent communication and client care skills
• A client focused approach to service delivery
• Experience in using case management software and Microsoft office tools (particularly Excel)
• Self-motivated and pro-active in dealing with client’s needs
• An attention to detail
• Exceptionally organised, used to working efficiently and accurately, in a busy and varied role
• Accurate administration skills
• Be able to prioritise work effectively to maximise efficiency in working practices
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (additional entitlement gained with length of service)
• Life assurance benefit
• Medical cash plan at corporate rates
• Birthday day off
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Conveyancing discount
• Free fruit in all offices
• Length of service awards
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Full Time)
Closing Date: 28 February 2020
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.