Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the industry for Private Family legal work, you will join a team of hardworking and highly experienced legal experts who are dedicated to providing a high quality and understanding service to clients.
There are ample opportunities to progress. Of current staff that have completed their training contract with the company, over half have gone on to become Partners/Associates with us.
We have 7 offices across the North West in Chester, Chorley, Leyland, Manchester, Morecambe, Preston and Southport.
We have an excellent opportunity for a 3-5 year Qualified Solicitor to join our team in the Leyland area. You will be responsible for running your own caseload of Private Family matters which will include all aspects of Family Law, including but not limited to divorce, pre and post nuptial agreements and co-habitation contracts, financial arrangements and TLATA work. There will also be some private children issues and non-molestation/occupation orders.
We are seeking applications from candidates who have a strong background in Private Family legal work and are able to run their own caseload of files from inception to conclusion.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Proactively managing own caseload of Private Family legal matters
• Prepare thorough documentation required in the preparation of cases to trial
• Liaise with clients and handle matters with the appropriate sensitivity
• Attend meetings with clients to provide advice, draft relevant documents and oversee execution of documents
• Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with agreed service levels and best practice
• Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs
• Deliver legal services of outstanding quality that are focused on the client’s needs with a quick and accurate turnaround of legal documents
• Drafting of all pleadings as necessary
• Advising on all aspects of Family Law
• Adhere to and promote compliance with the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
• Though training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice
Knowledge & Experience
• You must have at least 3-5 year PQE experience of working in Family Law and be able to handle your own caseload of privately funded matrimonial confidently
• Experience of dealing with divorce and finances, separation, civil partnerships, co-habitation disputes, violence and harassment orders, pre/post nuptial agreements
• Excellent client facing skills and the ability to nurture existing clients and third party relationships as well as the ability to help develop new business and assist in marketing/networking events
• Able to work accurately and be confident in your ability to give sound legal advice in both written and verbal forms
• Excellent communication skills and telephone manner and ability to build and maintain good working relationships, both internally and externally
• A client focused approach to service delivery and able to demonstrate a real commitment to and empathy with the client
• Experience in using case management software and Microsoft office tools
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines/timescales
• An attention to detail
• Highly organised
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (additional entitlement gained with length of service)
• Life assurance benefit
• Medical cash plan at corporate rates
• Birthday day off
• Employee Assistance Program
• Conveyancing discount
• Free fruit in all offices
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Full Time)
Closing Date: 18 June 2019
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.