Buying residential property in overseas countries is complex and fraught with potentially ruinous legal pitfalls.
You have to contend with unfamiliar laws and procedures, different requirements and customs, language barriers, and sometimes dishonest practises and fraud.
So it’s essential to take legal advice from our friendly specialists, who thoroughly understand the intricacies of overseas property transactions, as well as the particular needs and concerns of our clients.
What services do we offer?
- Purchase of foreign properties.
- Checking, amending and approving contract, title and other local issues.
- Conducting searches.
- Coordinating completions.
- Arranging power of attorney and local representation if necessary.
- Title registrations.
- Advising on wills, inheritance and other local taxes.
- Assisting with foreign commercial acquisitions and legalities of foreign property sales.
Very few UK solicitors offer this service range and, of those that do, the vast majority deal with one particular country.
Why go to Birchall Blackburn Law?
Our approachable, specialist team has extensive technical knowledge and combined experience of more than 30 years.
We offer a comprehensive fixed fee service, setting us apart from many other firms that offer a basic service, then charge the client for various add-ons.
Unlike law firms in the overseas country concerned, we are readily on hand in the UK, communicate with our clients in English, are strictly regulated, and have professional indemnity cover.
Fees for foreign property legal services are outside the scope of UK VAT, which is not payable.