Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the industry for Industrial Disease legal work, you will join a team of hardworking and highly experienced legal experts who are dedicated to providing a high quality and understanding service to clients.
There are ample opportunities to progress. Of current staff that have completed their training contract with the company, over half have gone on to become Partners/Associates with us.
We have 7 offices across the North West in Chester, Chorley, Leyland, Manchester, Morecambe, Preston and Southport.
Due to continued growth, we have an excellent opportunity for a paralegal to join the asbestos litigation team in our Chester office. The role will involve assisting a Partner and other fee earners who act for the victims of asbestos disease with all aspects of a legal case from start to finish, including pre litigated and litigated cases.
This role will be suitable for a law graduate / LPC graduate with good academics who is looking to develop their legal career, or alternatively an experienced paralegal with personal injury experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Proactively support the Partner and other fee earners in the department
- Draft witness statements, schedules of loss and other relevant legal documents
- Liaise with counsel/experts
- Liaise with clients, handling matters with the appropriate sensitivity
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with agreed service levels and best practice
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in industrial disease or personal injury within a legal environment
- Academic qualifications in Law
- An ability to build relationships with the client, family, witnesses, counsel and experts
- A client focused approach to service delivery and able to demonstrate a real commitment to and empathy with the client
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner and ability to build and maintain good working relationships, both internally and externally
- Able to prioritise work effectively to maximise efficiency in working practices
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines/timescales
- Experience in using case management software and Microsoft office tools
- Strong academics is essential
- An attention to detail
- Highly organised
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (additional entitlement gained with length of service)
- Life assurance benefit
- Medical cash plan at corporate rates
- Birthday day off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Conveyancing discount
- Free fruit in all offices
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Full Time)
Closing Date: 15 December 2019
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.