Due to continued growth, we have an excellent opportunity for a paralegal to join the asbestos litigation team in our Chester office. The role will involve assisting a Partner and other fee earners who act for the victims of asbestos disease with all aspects of a legal case from start to finish, including pre litigated and litigated cases.
This role will be suitable for a law graduate / LPC graduate with good academics who is looking to develop their legal career, or alternatively an experienced paralegal with personal injury experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Proactively support the Partner and other fee earners in the department
• Draft witness statements, schedules of loss and other relevant legal documents
• Liaise with counsel/experts
• Liaise with clients, handling matters with the appropriate sensitivity
• Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with agreed service levels and best practice
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience of working in industrial disease or personal injury within a legal environment
• Academic qualifications in Law
• An ability to build relationships with the client, family, witnesses, counsel and experts
• A client focused approach to service delivery and able to demonstrate a real commitment to and empathy with the client
• Excellent communication skills and telephone manner and ability to build and maintain good working relationships, both internally and externally
• Able to prioritise work effectively to maximise efficiency in working practices
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines/timescales
• Experience in using case management software and Microsoft office tools
• Good attention to detail
• Highly organised
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, bonus scheme and benefits package.
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday (Full Time, Permanent)
Closing Date: 1 August 2021
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com quoting job reference 3CHE
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.