Due to continued growth, we have an excellent opportunity for a paralegal to join the asbestos litigation team in our Chester office. The role will involve assisting a Partner and other fee earners who act for the victims of asbestos disease with all aspects of a legal case from start to finish, including pre litigated and litigated cases.
This role will be suitable for a law graduate / LPC graduate with good academics who is looking to develop their legal career, or alternatively an experienced paralegal with personal injury experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Proactively support the Partner and other fee earners in the department
- Draft witness statements, schedules of loss and other relevant legal documents
- Liaise with counsel/experts
- Liaise with clients, handling matters with the appropriate sensitivity
- Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with agreed service levels and best practice
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in industrial disease or personal injury within a legal environment
- Academic qualifications in Law
- An ability to build relationships with the client, family, witnesses, counsel and experts
- A client focused approach to service delivery and able to demonstrate a real commitment to and empathy with the client
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner and ability to build and maintain good working relationships, both internally and externally
- Able to prioritise work effectively to maximise efficiency in working practices
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines/timescales
- Experience in using case management software and Microsoft office tools
- Good attention to detail
- Highly organised
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, bonus scheme and benefits package.
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday (Full Time, Permanent)
Closing Date: 5 January 2021
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 2CHE
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.