The IT Application Support Analyst will provide 2nd line support to end users on various technical requests relating to application-specific issues, requests, and projects. They will be the escalation point for the IT Service Desk and will also be responsible for responding to, documenting, and resolving incident and service request tickets in a timely manner according to defined SLA’s. The successful candidate must have excellent problem-solving skills to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate internal IT staff members or 3rd party vendor/developer.
The role will also involve working on software-specific projects, such as improvements or changes to the firm’s bespoke case management system. Acting as the liaison between stakeholders within the firm and 3rd party developers, ensuring projects are delivered to specified deadlines, system changes and improvements are managed and communicated effectively following the firm’s change management procedure, and training is provided to users at all levels within the firm.
• 2nd line application support for all users across the business.
• Managing incident and service request tickets that have been escalated from the IT Service Desk in the IT Service Management tool.
• In-depth fault diagnosis and resolution for the firm’s full suite of applications, and bespoke applications and software services. Liaising with 3rd party software support vendors and external developers when required.
• Supporting and managing changes in the firm’s core applications such as MatterSphere and Indigo. Making business as usual changes and escalating issues that need further investigation.
• Working with 3rd party developers on software improvements, major changes, new software releases and updates.
• Assisting the IT Service Desk when busy or unavailable, by taking overflow calls and dealing with requests logged in the IT Portal.
• Mentoring the IT Service Desk team on more advanced issues to ensure requests are being dealt with satisfactorily.
• Helping to provide new starter IT inductions and training. Working together with HR to ensure staff IT training requirements have been met.
• Creating ‘how to’ guides for staff and keeping the knowledge base updated.
• Any other duties as required to assist in the smooth running of the IT Services department.
• Experience of working in a similar role covering the technologies listed in the technical specification. Preferably with exposure to an ITIL based Service Desk.
• Experience with a Remote Desktop Services / Terminal Services environment.
• Experience in using MatterSphere as an administrator, working with the admin kit, and an understanding of the SDK and how integrations sit within our software infrastructure.
• Professional experience working with Microsoft SQL and .NET desirable.
• Experience working on software rollout projects desirable.
• Proven IT technical experience, specifically the use of Microsoft Office and Windows desktop and server Operating Systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management.
• Well organised and able to prioritise own workload, working independently as well as in a team.
• Qualified to degree level or equivalent professional qualifications or experience in an IT discipline is essential.
• Experience working within a legal environment would be advantageous.
• Must be willing to travel to our sites across the Northwest.
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday (Full Time, Permanent)
Closing Date: 27 August 2021
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 17MAN