The IT Service Desk Analyst will be first point of contact for all technical support to end users on various IT issues and problems relating to hardware, software, and peripherals. They will also be responsible for prioritising, responding to, documenting, resolving and where necessary escalating incident and service request tickets in a timely manner according to defined SLA’s. The successful candidate must have excellent problem-solving skills to diagnose, evaluate and resolve technical issues and requests, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate internal IT teams or 3rd party vendors.
- 1st line support for all users across the business.
- The first point of contact for all incoming IT requests (incident and service request) from across the firm, by phone, email, and self-service portal/live chat.
- Logging and managing incident and service request tickets in the IT Service Management tool. Correctly categorising, and prioritising requests as they are logged, collecting as much information as possible about the incident or service request, and escalating requests as required with internal IT teams and key support vendors.
- Basic fault diagnosis and resolution for hardware, applications, and user issues from across the firm’s estate of Thin Clients, Laptops, PCs, Telephones and MFD’s.
- Use of tools such as Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, and Remote Desktop Services to support users at a first point of contact with password resets, Office 365 mailbox management and RDS session issues.
- Supporting the suite of Microsoft products such as Office 365 and Windows 10.
- 1st line support for the firms MatterSphere case management & Indigo practise management systems.
- Assist the team when required in the management and set up of new hardware following IT policies and procedures.
- Assisting staff with remote advice and training in the use of the firms IT systems.
- Assisting our staff with sending data to, and extracting data received from, external parties for import into our document management system, copying disks and ensuring any media leaving the firm is encrypted.
- Creating ‘how to’ guides for staff and keeping the knowledge base updated.
- Any other duties as required to assist in the smooth running of the IT Services department.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience working in a similar role covering most of the technologies listed in the technical specification.
- Experience working within an ITIL based Service Desk, with ITIL or SDI qualification desirable but not essential.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent professional qualifications or experience in an IT discipline is essential.
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication, and time management skills, with the ability to manage your own workload, and work effectively under pressure.
- Problem solver with the ability to think on your feet and come up with innovative solutions, both independently and within a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management.
- Experience working within a legal environment would be advantageous but is not essential.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Permanent)
Closing Date: 20 October 2021
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref 1MPA
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.