Leasehold Management

Leasehold Enfranchisement Testimonials of Birchall Blackburn Law

We individually ask each client for feedback so we can continuously develop our services. Take a look at what our clients think of Birchall Blackburn Law.

Meet Birchall Blackburn Law's Specialist Leasehold Enfranchisement Team
Our team

Our client-focused service is designed to deal with your queries efficiently and professionally. We provide specialist advice and guidance on all leasehold enfranchisement matters.

Contact Birchall Blackburn Law's Leasehold Enfranchisement Helpline
Contact us

Get in touch with our leasehold enfranchisement specialists. We will give you a free no obligation consultation, and once instructed will move quickly to ensure that you get the help you need.

Leasehold Management

What is a leasehold management?

Leasehold management covers a range of different aspects when it comes to leasehold properties. This includes, but is not limited to, new residential leases, Deeds of Variation and Licence to Alter and Right to Manage. At Birchall Blackburn Law we offer legal advice and guidance on all elements of leasehold management.

What leasehold management services do you offer?

Right to Manage claims

The Right to Manage involves leaseholders taking over the management of the building by way of a Right to Manage company. The company can choose different contractors to help manage the building or they can manage the building themselves. The previous freeholder can also apply to be a member of the company. We offer legal advice and guidance on RTM claims from instruction through to the transfer of management obligations.

New residential leases 

New residential leases are essential for property developers looking to convert their building, or even undeveloped land, into flats. We have years of experience in creating new residential leases and amending existing leases. We’re also instructed to amend existing leases for leaseholders if they own a freehold with other leaseholders.

Residential Deeds of Variation

If you wanted to change the terms in your lease then you’ll need a Deed of Variation.  One of the most common reasons people need a Deed of Variation is down to finding an error in the lease if you’re buying or selling a leasehold property. The lease may have been granted decades ago, so it may not contain modern lease clauses.

Licence to Alter

If you’re a leaseholder and you want to make changes to your property, then you’ll need the written permission of your freeholder. This is called a Licence to Alter and involves changes such as:

  • Structural alterations
  • Replacing windows
  • New carpets, laminate or wooden flooring
  • Moving a kitchen or bathroom or adding an ensuite

We work with freeholders and leaseholders to draft licences to alter, ensuring that everyone is happy for the work to go ahead

Why choose Birchall Blackburn Law?

  • We are an established firm with offices across the North West in Chester, Chorley, Leyland, Manchester, Morecambe, Preston and Southport
  • We offer an initial no obligation consultation with one of our experts so we can take into account your individual circumstances
  • We cut out the legal jargon and keep you up to date with the progression of your freehold purchase
  • We have a specialist team of experienced and knowledgeable property Solicitors
  • Our Leasehold Enfranchisement team have experience of dealing with all kinds of leasehold management matters acting for both freeholders and leaseholders.

Talk to us