An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Secretary to join our Industrial Disease team in Chester.
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and digital dictation.
- General file management and administration duties including maintenance of the client database, opening case files, file maintenance and archiving/filing.
- Proactively manage fee earner’s diaries and scheduling meetings.
- Prepare for meetings for fee earner including the preparation of relevant documentation as well as ensuring the adequate preparation of meeting room facilities and refreshments.
- Prepare files for Court and conferences
- To administer filing including the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files.
- Attend to clients both on the telephone and in person and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards of client care.
- Provide support to other secretaries and departments when required.
- Apply the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Skills and Experience
- Fast and accurate typing skills.
- Experience in an administrative role in a legal or professional services environment, with experience of Industrial Disease or Personal Injury cases essential
- Able to prepare court bundles and documentation, together with bundles to experts and counsel.
- Good organisation and planning skills, with an ability to prioritise workload effectively and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure maintaining an efficient workload.
- Good IT skills, including Word, Excel and case management software.
- The ability to display a pleasant, but assertive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients
- Personally efficient and well organised, with good control of diary systems and a high attention to detail
- Enthusiastic team player, able to work under their own initiative, with commitment to quality client care.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including professional and friendly telephone manner
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (additional entitlement gained with length of service)
- Free fruit in all offices
- Life assurance benefit
- Medical cash plan at corporate rates
- Birthday day off
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Conveyancing discount
- Length of service awards
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday (Full Time)
Closing Date: 15 March 2020
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.