Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the industry for legal services we are a company of hardworking and dedicated staff who strive to go above and beyond for our clients.
By joining Birchall Blackburn Law, you will become part of a market leader in legal services and help a reputable organisation continue to deliver fantastic results for clients and our communities.
We have 7 offices across the North West in Chester, Chorley, Leyland, Manchester, Morecambe, Preston and Southport and there are ample opportunities to progress within the company.
Based at our Chorley Office, the role is for a minimum of 22.5 hours per week. You will undertake a number of reception and general office administration duties. To act as the first point of contact, providing a first class professional and client-focused reception service to clients, visitors and staff, creating a welcoming, comfortable and professional environment. Provide direct support to the branch as a whole in day to day office administration.
• Answering and transferring calls, taking messages and handling queries
• Greeting clients and advising staff of their arrival
• Maintaining the reception area and meeting rooms to ensure a professional appearance
• Receiving, sorting and distributing daily post, faxes and deliveries, including logging Special and Recorded Delivery in line with process
• Organising outgoing post
• Manage Meeting Room diaries
• Assist in sorting, scanning and validating documents using the Kofax system
• Assist in completing daily banking for the Branch
• Prepare documentation through audio digital typing using Big Hand
• Assist with carrying out weekly fire alarm check
• Carry out any other general office administration tasks as required, including filing, maintaining records, copying documents, scheduling appointments and answering queries which form part of the overall day to day smooth running of the office
• Build and maintain a current, working knowledge of all policies, procedures, systems and developments, as well as general information, in order to be able to provide staff and visitors with information as required
• Ensuring stock levels are maintained in the stationery room and kitchen
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Strong experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc
• Experience within a reception role
• Fast and accurate typing skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Well presented with the ability to meet and greet clients in a professional and courteous manner, fielding basic enquiries.
• Approachable and professional ensuring client confidentiality and integrity at all times
• Good time management, organisational and administration skills
• Ability to multi-task
• An attention to detail
• Highly organised
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines/timescales
• Demonstrates flexibility, initiative and able to take responsibility
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (additional entitlement gained with length of service)
• Free fruit in all offices
• Life assurance benefit
• Medical cash plan at corporate rates
• Birthday day off
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Conveyancing discount
• Length of service awards
Hours: Minimum of 22.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 21 June 2019
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.