Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the industry for residential conveyancing and having won multiple awards in this sector, including Conveyancing Firm of the Year – North of England at the Modern Law Conveyancing Awards and also the proud winner of multiple ESTA awards, we are a team of hardworking and dedicated conveyancers that strive to go above and beyond for our clients.
By joining Birchall Blackburn Law, you will become part of a market leader in providing residential conveyancing services and help a reputable organisation continue to deliver fantastic results for clients and our communities.
Working within our Post Completion Team at our Preston office, you will ensure that all of our Residential Conveyancing transactions are fully completed and registered accordingly.
- Efficiently respond to calls & emails, complete allocated work within set time scales and meet individual targets
- Liaise with Land Registry, clients and third parties to deal with enquiries
- Confidently communicate with clients & third parties by phone, email and in writing
- Effectively liaise and build relationships with other internal teams
- Manage workload and ensure compliance with deadlines through effective use of case management system
- Use the Land Registry online portal to obtain title information, carry out necessary searches, and submit applications
- Prepare applications to facilitate registration of legal title at the Land Registry
- Prepare and ensure completion of advanced and complex Land Registry applications
- Draft and submit applications for first registration of title
- Deal with Land Registry requisitions efficiently and within the required timescales
- Send completed documents to clients and mortgage lenders
- Deal with incoming post
- Complete SDLT returns and Companies House applications
- Deal with leasehold post completion requirements, including obtaining receipted notices and certificates of compliance
- Delivery of an effective and client focused service to all service users, fairly and without discrimination, building and maintaining relationships
- To handle a range of different situations and react accordingly with tact diplomacy and empathy to diffuse potentially tense confrontations in a positive and calm manner
- To demonstrate an understanding of complex processes and technical knowledge by fully utilising our internal software systems
- Adhere to and promote compliance with Conveyancing Quality Scheme and the Conveyancing Protocol, the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
- Any other relevant administrative duties to assist the Post Completion Team
Experience & skills
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good IT skills including experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc. and experience of using case management systems
- Strong organisational and time management skills with ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both face to face, written and over the phone
- Excellent customer care skills
- Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to work as part of a team, building and maintaining good working relationships
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday (Full Time, Permanent)
Closing Date: 8 October 2021
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 17PRE
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.