Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the industry for residential conveyancing and having won multiple awards in this sector, including Conveyancing Firm of the Year – North of England at the Modern Law Conveyancing Awards in 2018 and 2019 and the proud winner of multiple ESTA awards, we are a team of hardworking and dedicated conveyancers that strive to go above and beyond for our clients.
By joining Birchall Blackburn Law, you will become part of a market leader in providing residential conveyancing services and help a reputable organisation continue to deliver fantastic results for clients and our communities.
There are ample opportunities to progress and become a fee earner/caseworker and handle your own cases. In the last 12 months, 100% of Training Contracts were awarded to internal applicants.
We have 7 offices across the North West in Chester, Chorley, Leyland, Manchester, Morecambe, Preston and Southport.
- Efficiently respond to calls & emails, complete allocated work within set time scales and meet individual targets.
- Contacting clients and third parties to deal with enquiries
- Confidently communicate with clients & third parties by phone, email and in writing.
- Effectively liaise and build relationships with other internal teams
- Completing complex legal conveyancing registration applications, sending completed documents to clients and mortgage lenders.
- Deal with balances: calculating whether money is owed to the client/ third party, or whether money is owed to the firm.
- Ensuring that client money is returned to the client and all third party payments have been made prior to file closure.
- Checking that all requirements have been met and all outstanding matters have been dealt with before Closing the file
- Delivery of an effective and client focused service to all service users, fairly and without discrimination, building and maintaining relationships.
- To handle a range of different situations and react accordingly with tact diplomacy and empathy to diffuse potentially tense confrontations in a positive and calm manner.
- To demonstrate an understanding of complex processes and technical knowledge by fully utilising our internal software systems
- Good standards of computer literacy and an experience of using case management systems
- Organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both face to face, written and over the phone
- Excellent telephone manner and customer care skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
- Pleasant, approachable, patient and polite
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to work as part of a team
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (additional entitlement gained with length of service)
- Free fruit in all offices
- Life assurance benefit
- Medical cash plan at corporate rates
- Birthday day off
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Conveyancing discount
- Length of service awards
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday (Full Time, Permanent)
Closing Date: 17 January 2020
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.