Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the industry for wills and probate work and being a Law Society WIQS Accredited Practice, you will join a team of hardworking and highly experienced wills and probate experts who are dedicated to providing a high quality and understanding service to clients.
Assisting Partners and fee earners with their varied caseload of private client matters, ranging from ranging from drafting of Wills, administration of estates, preparation of estate accounts, drafting deeds of variation and all related taxation issues, Court of Protection, Lasting Power of Attorney, trusts and tax planning.
You will be responsible for the delivery of excellent service, which continually exceeds client expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Maintain good professional working relationships with clients, external institutions and organisations
• Attend meetings with clients where required
• Deliver legal services of outstanding quality that are focused on the client’s needs with a quick and accurate turnaround of legal documents
• Effectively manage and answer routine client enquiries in person and by telephone and email
• Draft correspondence, draft simple wills, letter of wishes, trust documents, Lasting Powers of Attorney and all associated documents, assist with simple probate administration and the preparation of Estate Accounts.
• To deliver a high quality service to clients, dealing with them on the telephone and face-to-face in client meetings.
• Responsibility, under supervision, for assisting others within the Private Client group with their matters
• Preparation of correspondence and drafting wills and trust documents (with support) from precedents
• Proof reading, fact checking, and the ability to send confidential documents to clients and others unsupervised.
• Case management and dealing with incoming emails and mail.
• Arranging appointments, taking messages, receiving and delivering documents.
• Open and close files.
• Though training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice
Qualifications and Skills
• Previous legal assistant experience would be preferred
• Have high levels of client care communication skills both written and verbal and be confident in handling calls.
• Excellent client facing skills and a client focused approach to service delivery
• Experience in using case management software and Microsoft office tools
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines/timescales
• An attention to detail
• Highly organised
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Permanent)
Closing Date: 8 September 2021
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref 6SOU
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.