Working as a Property Solicitor or Property Executive within the Specialist and Commercial Property team based at our Preston office, you will manage a varied caseload of:
- Auction sales and purchases of residential properties
- Specialist residential transactions, including complex sales by executors and deputies
- Title splits and transfers of part transactions
You must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of running your own property caseload from initial instruction to completion. It is essential that you have strong experience of dealing with the sale and purchase of residential properties. Experience of auction sales and purchases would be advantageous.
- Handling all aspects of a mixed caseload of property transactions, land transactions and specialist property matters including auction transactions, transfers of part, title splits, as well as assisting our Private Client and Family teams with complex probate sales and deputy sales and purchases.
- Approving legal titles, raising necessary enquiries and dealing with replies to enquiries
- Preparing freehold and leasehold reports
- Preparing Land Registry applications and dealing with requisitions
- Manage caseload through effective use of case management system
- Adhere to and promote compliance with the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
- Through training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice
- Support the development of team assistants. Encourage and facilitate this development by broadening their experience, knowledge and skills. Monitor team support’s delivery of client service with regular feedback.
- Work with your Team Leader to identify opportunities to move people where appropriate, with the aim of increasing the flexibility of the department and its ability to respond to a variety of different pressures.
- Ensure client service levels agreements are met
- Maintain and build good professional working relationships with clients, external institutions and organisations
- Develop and improve client service standards, encouraging a total customer care culture throughout your team
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience of managing own property caseload from instructions to completion and registration
- Strong experience of dealing with the sale and purchase of residential properties is essential
- Proficient in managing varied and technical property transactions. Experience of dealing with auction transactions would be advantageous
- Adept at checking freehold, leasehold titles and leases
- Ability to raise, check and respond to additional enquiries within your technical experience
- Signing off AML checks and Customer Due Diligence
- Working within lender’s instructions
- Good inter-personal skills, able to deal with all levels within an organisation and relieve potential conflicts
- Able to work accurately and clearly explain technical matters to non technical users in both written and verbal forms
- Good IT skills including experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Strong experience of using property case management software
- A client focused approach to service delivery
- Keen attention to detail and ability to manage busy caseload
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, bonus scheme and benefits package.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Full Time, Permanent)
Closing date: 22 May 2022
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting Job Ref 20PRE
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.