Public Liability Claims

In July 2013, the way in which accident claims for trips and falls, as well as any other kind of accident that is not an accident at work or road traffic accident, are brought changed.

If you have been injured in accident that was not your fault, whether you fell on private or public land, or were involved in some other form of accident where you suffered an injury, this is considered a “Public Liability Claim” and as such must be notified to the party responsible through a secure web portal.

If you have had a fall in a public place as a result of defective paving you may have a claim against the local authority (Highways Act 1980).