This role is based in the busy Finance & Accounts department of the Preston office. The Purchase Ledger Assistant is a key member of the team carrying out day to day financial administrative duties relating to legal transactions, providing the company with a high quality accounts service.
Applicants should have previous experience within an accounts team. A strong attention to detail is essential. We are seeking a team player with excellent numeracy and organisational skills.
• Manage and co-ordinate purchase ledger payments, including posting search and referral invoices onto the finance system
• Manage relationships with suppliers including liaison over payments dates, outstanding invoices etc.
• Schedule payments
• Searches: posting of search invoices, including posting onto purchase ledger, updating finance logger and executing related transfers
• Manage process of paying indemnity searches in conjunction with relevant conveyancing colleagues
• Process SDLT upload payments
• Manage accounts side of petty cash procedure
• Manage employee expenses process including collection and processing of expense receipts, payments to employees
• Fulfil the month end process for Trust account reconciliations Provide cover for the payments team making Bacs/TT/Chaps payments as applicable.
• Ad hoc analysis and reporting work
Key Skills & Experience
• High levels of numeracy
• Good IT skills, including Excel, Word and finance management software
• Excellent customer service skills, including professional and friendly telephone manner
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Strong organisational skills, with a keen eye for detail and high levels of accuracy
• Experience of working within an accounts department
Hours: Monday-Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm
Closing Date: 12 March 2019
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.