Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the industry for residential conveyancing and having won multiple awards in this sector, including Conveyancing Firm of the Year – North of England at the Modern Law Conveyancing Awards and also the proud winner of multiple ESTA awards, we are a team of hardworking and dedicated conveyancers that strive to go above and beyond for our clients.
By joining Birchall Blackburn Law, you will become part of a market leader in providing residential conveyancing services and help a reputable organisation continue to deliver fantastic results for clients and our communities.
Working as a Remortgage Executive, you will be responsible for managing a volume caseload of remortgage files, dealing with all technical aspects of the remortgage transaction.
Working with team support, you will be responsible for meeting the financial targets set whilst ensuring the ongoing high performance and delivery of a quality, client focused operation within the Manchester office.
- Liaise with borrowers, lenders and brokers
- Ensure that all files are progressed in a timely manner
- Ensure all documents are in place for the registration whilst checking mortgage offers, chasing redemption statements, drafting and approving TR1s for transfer of equity transactions
- Adhere to and promote compliance with Conveyancing Quality Scheme and the Conveyancing Protocol, the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
- Manage a portfolio of cases using a case management system
- Independently establish priorities and manage deadlines
- Reporting to the client on mortgage offers
- Problem solving and reviewing property titles
- Preparation of transfers for TOE matters and dealing with SDLT requirements
- Understand and produce accurate financial statements
- Completions of transactions
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are achieved and maintained
- Support the development of team assistants. Encourage and facilitate this development by broadening their experience, knowledge and skills. Monitor team support’s delivery of client service with regular feedback.
- Work with your Team Leader to identify opportunities to move people where appropriate, with the aim of increasing the flexibility of the department and its ability to respond to a variety of different pressures.
- Ensure client service levels agreements are met
- Maintain and build good professional working relationships with clients, external institutions and organisations
- Develop and improve client service standards, encouraging a total customer care culture throughout your team
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience managing own remortgage or volume property caseload from instruction to completion and registration
- Working knowledge of the CQS Protocol, Conveyancing Association Protocol, CML, & BSA Handbooks
- Experience of remortgage and Transfer of Equity matters
- Strong experience of using property case management software and ability to manage a busy caseload
- Good inter-personal skills, able to deal with all levels within an organisation and relieve potential conflicts.
- Able to work accurately and clearly explain technical matters to non technical users in both written and verbal forms.
- Good IT skills including experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- A client focused approach to service delivery
- Willingness to develop/train to enhance knowledge
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and desire to achieve monthly targets
- Ability to work as a team player
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, bonus scheme and benefits package. The business is currently trialling a hybrid working model and offers enhanced flexibility meaning you’ll be required to spend some time in the office and some time working from home.
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday (Full Time, Permanent)
Applications to: Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.