Why work for us?
With a first class reputation within the legal industry, you will enjoy a career as part of a leading serious injury practice. Over the years, Birchall Blackburn Law’s Personal injury teams have helped thousands of people recover compensation for their injuries and illnesses. Our Serious and Catastrophic Injury team focuses on injury claims of the utmost severity including brain injury, spinal injury, amputation and fatal cases.
Being a Law Society Accredited Personal Injury Practice and the Manchester team being APIL accredited, you will join a team of hardworking and highly experienced injury experts who are dedicated to providing a high quality and understanding service to clients.
We have 7 offices across the North West in Chester, Chorley, Leyland, Manchester, Morecambe, Preston and Southport.
• Proactively manage own multi-track files and support the Senior fee earners within the department in dealing with high value claims
• Provide guidance and informal supervision to junior members of the department, including, a required, Trainee Solicitors/ paralegals
• Preparing thorough documentation required in the preparation of cases to trial
• Liaising with counsel/experts/ case managers/ Court of Protection Deputies
• Liaising with clients/ their litigation friends and handling matters with the appropriate sensitivity
• Understand client requirements and manage cases in line with agreed service levels and best practice
• Analyse risk and further develop sound judgement enabling the justification of decisions to clients internally and externally
• Prioritise work effectively and to maximise efficiency in working practices
• Understand individual role in the context of the practice group and pro-actively seek to contribute to increased efficiency in developing a case load appropriate to level of technical, legal knowledge
• Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs
Key Skills & Experience
• Solicitor of 3 years PQE or above with good experience in relevant claimant work
• Should be able to demonstrate experience in and have a keen interest in marketing
• An ability to build relationships with the client, family, witnesses, counsel and experts
• Enthusiastic team player with commitment to quality and client care
• Good case management skills
• Strong academics is essential
• The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a real commitment to and empathy with the client and their family
• Experience in a legal environment
• The ability to display a pleasant, but assertive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients. Tact and resilience are essential qualities
• An effective communicator both orally and in writing, having a good command of written English.
• Personally efficient and well organised, with good control of diary systems and competent in the firm’s systems
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, bonus scheme and benefits
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (additional entitlement gained with length of service)
• Free fruit in all offices
• Life assurance benefit
• Medical cash plan at corporate rates
• Birthday day off
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Conveyancing discount
• Length of service awards
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday (Full Time)
Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.