Working in the Specialist Property team dealing with complex but rewarding files you will support Partners, Associates, Solicitors and fee earners on a range of transactional work varying in scale.
You will have a firm knowledge and experience of commercial property and land transactions having previous paralegal experience within specialist or commercial property.
You’re a strong team player, with good oral and written communication skills and will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing high performance and delivery of a quality, client focused operation across our teams.
You must ensure that you and your team of assigned Assistants meet the financial targets that are set and the delivery of excellent, added value client service, which continually exceeds client expectations.
• Maintain and build good professional working relationships with clients, external institutions and organisations
• Develop and improve client service standards, encouraging a total customer care culture throughout your team
Undertake certain elements of fee earning work under supervision. In particular:
• File creation and client care correspondence
• Attending meetings and taking notes
• Obtaining title documents
• Submitting searches
• Carrying out title checks
• Preparing Stamp Duty Land Tax returns
• Preparing completion statements and invoices
• Preparing all necessary accounts forms and understanding client ledgers
• Preparing Land Registry applications and dealing with requisitions
• Producing first drafts of contracts, transfer deeds and leases (with fee earner guidance)
• Producing replies to Commercial Property Standard Enquiries
• Dealing with pre‐completion requisitions
• Making and receiving telephone calls, and dealing with basic telephone enquiries;
• Deputise for fee earners in their absence, passing urgent issues to another fee earner for guidance
• Adhere to and promote compliance with Conveyancing Quality Scheme and the Conveyancing Protocol, the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
• Must have experience with the Land Registry portal and SDLT online
• Hardworking and can demonstrate initiative
• The ability to complete assigned tasks effectively and promptly
• Good attention to detail
• Good inter-personal skills, able to deal with all levels within an organisation and relieve potential conflicts
• Able to work accurately and clearly explain technical matters to non technical users in both written and verbal forms
• A client focused approach to service delivery.
• Good standards of computer literacy including experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc and case management systems (Taskflow and Mattersphere).
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm – Monday to Friday (Full Time)
Closing Date: 30 October 2020
Please apply for this role by sending your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please note, this vacancy may be closed at any time if sufficient applications have been received.