Spinal Injury Claims
Every day in Britain, three people sustain a spinal cord injury that could change the course of their life.
While some spinal injuries can gradually improve over many years with tailored support, some individuals can be severely affected for the rest of their lives. Whatever the circumstance, if you’re suffering with a spinal injury it’s important that you explore all of the options available to you so that you can acquire the best specialist advice and support catered to your needs.
I’ve suffered a spinal injury, could I make a claim?
As many spinal injuries may require specialised care for a considerable amount of time following the incident, it’s important to find out if you could be eligible to claim compensation to help with costs.
Damage to the spinal cord can be caused by trauma, which may come in many different forms,; the most common causes being falls, road traffic accidents and sporting accidents. When a spinal injury arises due to an infection or disease, it is unlikely that you will be able to make a spinal injury claim. If, however, your spinal injury is deemed to have been caused by another person’s negligence, and they have been found to be legally liable, you may be able to make a spinal injury claim. There are occasions when a spinal injury claim occurs due to an infection arising from medical negligence – these instances may also mean that you could make a claim.
When spinal injuries occur as a result of an accident, the changes an individual may have to make to their life can be difficult to accept, and many people find it too overwhelming to know where to turn for the support they require. That’s why, if you or a family member has sustained a spinal injury due to an accident that was caused by someone else, it’s important to speak to a specialist spinal injury solicitor about whether you could be entitled to claim compensation, helping you find that much-needed aftercare and support.
We understand you may want experienced legal advice to be sure on your legal options following a spinal injury – so don’t hesitate to call our friendly legal specialists on 0800 988 1548.
How much compensation could I receive from my spinal injury claim?
With spinal injuries, there are many variables that will need to be assessed before we can offer any indication of the outcome. As every spinal injury is completely unique – with varying degrees of severity, causation and effects – there is never a definitive answer.
If you do decide to make a spinal injury claim, there are a number of ways we will assess what you may be entitled to from your spinal injury. For example:
- We will instruct a medical professional who specialises in spinal injuries to report on your injuries, and give an outline of what your future symptoms may be. This will give us an indication of any rehabilitation, services and support you might need to help you live with your spinal injury, which may form part of your claim outcome.
- We will also look at any financial losses you may have incurred because of your spinal injury – such as loss of income, medical, rehabilitation and travel expenses – as well as the pain and suffering that you have endured because of your spinal injury. In some cases, our legal specialists will be able to offer interim payments to help with any immediate costs.
How long do I have to make a spinal injury claim?
You must make your spinal injury claim within three years of the incident that caused the injury, so it’s important that you contact us as soon as possible. This will give you the best chance of receiving the early and usually costly rehabilitation and care that you need following your injury.
According to the UK Spinal Injuries Association, it may take approximately two years for you to reach your full potential with regard to movement and/or sensation following your injury (1). By exploring your options with a legal specialist that fully understands spinal injury claims as early as possible, you can leave the case in their hands and focus on your recovery.
What services can Birchall Blackburn Law offer me?
Not only can our team of approachable experts offer you world-class legal services and dedication, but we are people who care about our clients. With more than 30 years’ experience in this area, we understand what individuals suffering with spinal injuries need to reach their full potential.
That’s why our serious injury specialists can guarantee the following:
- A qualified specialist solicitor will lead your case.
- Your assigned legal expert will visit you at home or in a familiar place to suit you and your family.
- We will assess your immediate needs as quickly as possible, including any financial obligations so that you are not left out of pocket.
- That we will handle your claim as part of a professional network of experts, including legal case managers, doctors, nurses and physiotherapists.
- We will help you organise and facilitate private rehabilitation treatment.
- Award you a dedicated legal team of professional, understanding and compassionate people with a proven track record of handling spinal injury cases.
- Be easily contactable and always approachable.
- Support your whole family and provide you with updates at every stage.
- Help you access Government benefits you may be entitled to.
Why should I come to Birchall Blackburn Law?
Instructing one of our spinal injury legal specialists means that you will have the reassurance that your claim is handled by someone that is experienced in the field, and compassionate to your needs. We are accredited by Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) as senior litigators and Law Society Personal Injury Panel members, to ensure that we are consistent in our first-class services and up-to-date with spinal injury communities and other leading professionals.
Our experience means that we understand the very human concerns of spinal injuries, and how they can affect every aspect of an individual’s life. Our serious injury team are committed to delivering a dedicated legal service that is specific to you and your situation, so that you are able to focus on looking to the future with hope.
How much will it cost to make a spinal injury claim?
At Birchall Blackburn Law, we believe there should be no upfront costs when making a spinal injury claim. If you’ve been involved in an accident that has caused spinal injuries, you should never be out of pocket – whether the case is successful or not.
Our specialist solicitors are able to work on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis, which is also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). This means that you will only pay for your legal fees if your claim is successful. If your spinal injury claim is successful, the legal fees incurred will usually be taken from the compensation that you are awarded and not from you personally.
To discuss your funding options for a spinal injury claim, you can call us for advice with no-obligation on 0800 988 1548, and one of our specialist legal team will be happy to help.
To make a spinal injury claim for yourself or on behalf of a family member, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our dedicated team of specialist solicitors who are committed to helping you get the help you deserve. Call us on 0800 988 1548.