Trusts & Tax Planning
Trusts and tax law is highly complex with wide-ranging financial and legal implications. Without expert guidance, you may resolve one issue, only to create a number of others.
Obtaining the correct advice at the outset will save time and money – as well as avoiding uncertainty, disputes and family fallouts.
Our specialist team will offer practical and expert advice on:
- Inheritance tax and capital gains tax planning
- Trust and tax planning for individuals and businesses
- Creation and administration of trusts, including pilot trusts and personal injury trusts
- Trust dispites and termination of trusts
- Tax treatment of trusts
- Trusts for vulnerable beneficiaries or those with learning difficulties
- Protection of pension and life policy lump sum death benefits
- Preserving business property relief and agricultural property relief
- Succession planning for individuals and businesses
- Asset preservation and foreign property tax
- Post death arrangements – deeds of variation
Why go to Birchall Blackburn Law for trusts and tax planning?
At Birchall Blackburn Law we build strong personal relationships with business and individual clients to ensure the advice we provide is tailored to their individual needs. We are happy to work with your accountant or financial adviser to produce a cost effective, seamless solution.
Our trust team – recognised as one of the most expert in the North West – is led by Kristina Smith. Kristina regularly addresses seminars on wills and inheritance tax for business organisations, MENCAP, private individuals, entertainers and the medical profession.
She and many of our lawyers are members of the highly respected Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE).
How much does it cost?
The cost varies depending on what is involved and the work required. All clients have an initial no obligation meeting to discuss their needs. Once we have a thorough understanding of the work to be undertaken, we will provide a fixed fee estimate and give you information about the funding options available to you. We are happy to discuss flexible payment arrangements.
Other private client services
Other services on our website that may be of interest include: