Children Disputes

When dealing with something as important as your children, it is absolutely essential to use a family lawyer who specialises in the law relating to the Children’s Act. You need a specialist who is an expert on the law relating to children but who also understands the emotional impact of proceedings on both the child and parents.

What services do we offer?

We deal with all aspects of children disputes both public law and private law, including:

  • Child Arrangement Orders – residence and contact
  • Child maintenance and Child Support Agency Applications
  • Paternity issues
  • Applications by grandparents or other family members
  • Special guardianship orders
  • Children’s rights and child protection
  • Adoption
  • Parental responsibility
  • Prohibited steps orders
  • Specific issue applications

Why go to Birchall Blackburn Law?

Our specialist team offers expert advice on all aspects of the law relating to children, both when linked to divorce, separation or cohabitation and as a stand-alone issue. They combine a compassionate approach with the determination to help you achieve the best outcome for you and your children.

We have extensive experience in private and public child law proceedings and our team includes Law Society Children and Family Law Panel members, who focus solely on this area of law.

How much do child dispute services cost?

The cost varies depending on what is involved and the work required. We offer a one hour fixed fee initial appointment during which we will assess your circumstances. We will then explain the costs involved and give you information about the funding options available to you.

Public funding is still available in some cases and we will help to assess if you are eligible.

If there is a fee to pay, our rates are very competitive. We offer flexible payment arrangements and will always provide a detailed cost estimate in writing at the outset. We will then update you regularly and help you to budget.

Other family services

Other services on our website that may be of interest include: